In some browsers, it appears before the web address in the address bar; in others, it appears on the tab where your blog is displayed. It also appears next to the name of your blog if it is listed in someone else's blog-roll.
Making your favicon
You will need a graphics package such as Gimp to do this.
- Find or create a square image - usually your logo.
- Reduce it in size to 16 by 16 pixels.
Adding your favicon
- Go to the design view in your blog (click on design at the top right)
- Just underneath the heading "Add and arrange page elements" it says "favicon".
- Click on the edit link next to favicon
- Upload your newly-created square 16 x 16 image